Tuesday 22 April 2008

Turn To You

I wrote this song a long time ago. When I first started my blog, I was going to record another one I wrote around the same time. Somehow, this one came out first. A year later on from then, and I still haven't done as much music as I thought.

I still don't understand God. I'm probably naive to think that life gets easier as you get older, maybe that's why every day's a struggle. However, God's in control, and He knows what he's doing, even if I don't.


Paul Mulroney 1997
Father, hallowed be Thy name
At the end of this long day
Help me find a way to speak of the fear
That’s hidden in the cares of the day

Lord my heart is breaking
I don’t know what to do
In agony I’m waiting for the dawn
A new sunrise, gentle light
My soul reborn

I turn to You, the Author of my faith
I turn to You, the One who holds my fate in His hands
I turn to You, and sometimes I just don’t understand
Yet I’m trusting You, we will see this through

Desperations waking in me
A yearning now for more
Of what He has in store for me
And trust that He who made the seas
Will steer me to that shore

And though the waves are fearsome
I’m tossed about the seas
I know that standing right here with me
Is the captain who from distant shores
Will steer me safely home

Lord I’m trusting You, we will see this through
I put my trust in You, we will see this through

No comments: