Thursday 17 January 2008

Road Trip - Lancelin

We headed into Lancelin from Gingin, and took the Indian Ocean Drive. Our map book says that the road was due to be complete by 2005, and when complete connects all the coastal towns together, but when we got to Lancelin there were big road blocks and lots of machinery. The Mid West Development Corporation say that the road will be completed in 3 years.

We stayed at North End Caravan Park in Lancelin. One of the things we liked about the caravan park was that the tent sites had shadecloth pegged into the ground. It made it much easier to setup the tents and keep the sand out.

Over the sand dunes from the caravan park was the water. The kids loved getting dumped by the waves. There was lots of seaweed, and my youngest gave a most dramatic rendition of "man eaten alive by seaweed" - a real academy performance.


There was a lookout platform up in the sand dunes. I went up there to capture the sunset, and met some kids that were there. They saw my camera, and thought I was a professional photographer, and hopped up on the rail for a photo opportunity. The whole place gave me a feeling of Home and Away. They were disappointed that I only did this as a hobby. I don't know if these kids have internet access, but if they do, "Hi Callan and Aiden!"

On the way out from Lancelin, we saw power lines crossing the country side. There were two sets of lines, little ones and big ones. It was like "when I grow up, I want to be like you".

No comments: